Registration required: https://exascaleproject.zoomgov.com/meeting/register/vJIscuyoqTgoG_yHqVnGQsZml-BqbUeUnKs
Workshop Agenda (Slides)
Day 1: Monday, June 14 (all times US PDT)
8:00AM – 9:30 AM – Overview E4S, Mike Heroux, Director of ECP Software Technology
- Who should attend:
- Technical Leaders and developers who may or may not be familiar with E4S;
- Prospective and first-time developers using E4S
- Topics to be addressed: This overview will discuss the philosophy behind E4S, the E4S components, and why industry should understand and consider adopting some of these components.
9:30AM – 10:00AM – Break
10:00AM – 12:00PM – Getting Started with E4S for Industry and Agency Tutorial, Sameer Shende (ECP Technical Lead for E4S) and team
- Who should attend: Prospective and first-time developers of E4S.
- Topics to be addressed: Hands-on instructions on the E4S build environment. Participants will learn how to incorporate E4S products into codes. Participants may use their own code or one provided.
10am - 10:15am: AWS tutorial setup
10:15am - 10:45am: E4S components
10:45am - 11:45am: Tutorial (HPC) hands-on:
- Numerical hello world!
- Introduction to Spack
- Containers for HPC: Docker, Singularity, and Shifter
- MPI support for containers: E4S-cl container launch tool
- E4S singularity container
- Nalu-Wind Spack package demo
11:45AM – 12:00PM+: Wrap up, Q&A with Sameer Shende/team and Mike Heroux (will extend if needed)
Day 2: Tuesday, June 15, (all times US PDT)
8:00AM- 9:00AM: E4S Q&A: Opportunity to discuss with Sameer Shende and Mike Heroux any high-level questions on what products to consider for specific industry/agency applications
- Who should attend:
- Technical Leaders and developers who may or may not be familiar with E4S and have questions about applicability to industry problems
- All Tutorial participants
- Topics to be addressed: High-level questions on what products to consider for specific industry/agency applications, unanswered questions from Day 1
9:00am – 11:45AM: Continuation of hands-on session focusing on AI & ML, GPUs, Sameer Shende, E4S (ECP Technical Lead for E4S) and team
- Who should attend: Day 1 tutorial participants.
- Topics to be addressed: Continued hands-on instructions on the E4S environment
Topics to be addressed in tutorial
- Pantheon demo - David Rogers, LANL
- Performance evaluation tools: TAU
- E4S AI & ML packages
- E4S GPU support
- GPU runtime support: OneAPI, ROCm, and CUDA
- Advanced Spack: E4S Spack build cache
11:45 – 12:00PM+: Wrap up and a chance to discuss how it all fits together (will extended if needed)